Marzano’s use a highly structured treatment process in a safe non-judgemental environment.
First and second consultations are generally assessment sessions which may involve psychological testing to identify and assess issues such as depression, anxiety and trauma. Subsequent sessions then involve treatment and evaluation.
Marzano’s code of conduct
Domenic is registered with the Psychologists Board of Australia and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), which is the largest professional association of psychologists in Australia, with a comprehensive Code of Ethics and complementary series of Ethical Guidelines.
As a patient of Marzano’s you have a right to expect that:
- You will be treated with respect;
- You will receive a clear explanation of the service you will receive;
- Your consent for any service will be sought by the psychologist prior to the service commencing and as it progresses;
- You will receive an explanation about the nature and limits of confidentiality surrounding the service;
- You will be clear about the goals that you and the psychologist are working toward;
- You will receive competent and professional service;
- You will receive a clear statement about fee;
- An estimate of the number of sessions required to achieve your goals will be discussed;
- You will receive a service free from sexual harassment; and
- You will be shown respect for your cultural background and language tradition.
Medicare and Health Fund Rebates
Medicare rebates apply for services provided by Marzano's and can be processed at the time of the appointment. Private health fund rebates may also apply but please check with your health fund as this varies between different health funds and depends on the level of cover.